Japan's #1 English Broadband Agent
Contacting BBapply about Conntection Trouble
Having trouble with your internet connection?
Please read the following before contacting BBapply about trouble with your internet connection ...
What BBapply does
Before contacting BBapply, please understand that BBapply's job is assisting users in obtaining internet connections.
Our job is helping you apply. After-market questions about trouble connecting, billing or canceling service should be directed to the actual service provider.
However, that doesn't mean we'll abandon you after filing your application with the provider.
In fact, we will help you to the extent that we can. But we ask that--before contacting us--you look for the answer in our online FAQ or with the actual service provider. Links and phone numbers for that follow.
If that fails, then please feel free to ask us anything about using the service.
For technical inquiries, first:
1. Look for an answer in the BBapply FAQ
2. Contact the Providers Directly (numbers below)
Service Providers Contact Info
Internet Service Provider (ISP)
There are about about a hundred different companies. Following are telephone numbers for NTT and a few of the ISP's that are popular with foreigners.
NTT Telephone and Flet's Support
The Foreign Language Customer Support number is open 9 AM - 5 PM, Monday-Friday from mobile phones and NTT landlines only.
- 0120-565-950 in Eastern Japan
- Akita - Aomori - Chiba - Fukushima - Gumma - Hokkaido - Ibaraki - Iwate - Kanagawa - Miyagi - Nagano - Niigata - Saitama - Tochigi - Tokyo - Yamagata
- 0120-064-337 in Western Japan
- Aichi - Ehime - Fukui - Fukuoka - Gifu - Hiroshima - Hyogo - Ishikawa - Kagawa - Kagoshima - Kochi - Kumamoto - Kyoto - Mie - Miyazaki - Nagasaki - Nara - Oita - Okayama - Okinawa - Osaka - Saga - Shiga - Shimane - Shizuoka - Tokushima - Tottori - Toyama - Wakayama - Yamaguchi - Yamanashi
(Note: these lines are often busy. If you have trouble getting through, you might want to try calling at exactly 9:00 AM before the line has a chance to get too long.)
In Japanese, call NTT at 116. The Japanese line is open 7 days a week. The hours in some parts of Eastern Japan are 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM and in the rest of Japan, it's 9:00 to 5:00 PM.
Contact Numbers-ISP Services
These are the most popular ISP companies. If yours is not here, you'll have to check your latest bill, etc., to get the number.
Hours: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Note: To reach an English speaker, push the Menu number shown a few seconds after the Japanese recording starts.
From mobile and regular NTT landlines:
Technical: 0120-047-860 Menu: 6*
Other: 0120-506-506 Menu: 8*
*If pushing the menu number has no effect, try pushing the star button first and then the menu number.
If you cannot call "0120" numbers
If you are calling from a phone that cannot call 0120 numbers you may reach OCN at these numbers:
You can make arrangements online using the ASAHI Net Account Maintenence page
If you are unable to do it online or have questions, you may call them at the following numbers.
From fixed landlines: 0120-577-135
From mobile, public or IP phones: 03-6631-0861
From outside Japan: +81-3-6631-0861
Lines are open from 10:00am to 5:00pm (Japan time), Monday through Friday, excluding national holidays and ASAHI Net holidays.
Please read the following before you call!
* If you are a member, please have your ASAHI Net User ID ready. Examples are AB3C-DEFG, U1234AB567C.
* If you prepare beforehand how to describe what you are calling for, it will make it easier for us to help you.
* Our phone system does not place callers on hold. If the lines are busy, please wait a little and try to call again.
* To handle inquiries such as the re-issuance of a password or other change to your account we need to have you confirm your identity including the last 4 digits of the credit card we are billing. Please have this available before calling.
You can make arrangements online using the GOL Online Support page
If you are unable to do it online or have questions, see the GOL Contact Info page
Softbank Internet Translation Center
Please see the Yahoo! BB Contact page for calling instructions.
If the above do not apply to your case of if they are not helpful, then please feel free to Contact BBapply.