Back to the FAQ
How to Contact Support for Flet's Service
Q. How do I contact support for my Flet's internet service?
A. Flet's internet service is provided by two companies, the Connection Carrier, NTT, plus one of about a hundred Internet Service Providers (ISP). Unless you're sure it's an NTT issue, we recommend starting with the ISP. Here is contact info for the ones that are most popular with foreigners.
Contact Numbers-ISP Services
You can make arrangements online using the ASAHI Net Account Maintenence page
If you are unable to do it online or have questions, you may call them at the following numbers.
From fixed landlines: 0120-577-135
From mobile, public or IP phones: 03-6631-0861
From outside Japan: +81-3-6631-0861
Lines are open from 10:00am to 5:00pm (Japan time), Monday through Friday, excluding national holidays and ASAHI Net holidays.
Please read the following before you call!
* If you are a member, please have your ASAHI Net User ID ready. Examples are AB3C-DEFG, U1234AB567C.
* If you prepare beforehand how to describe what you are calling for, it will make it easier for us to help you.
* Our phone system does not place callers on hold. If the lines are busy, please wait a little and try to call again.
* To handle inquiries such as the re-issuance of a password or other change to your account we need to have you confirm your identity including the last 4 digits of the credit card we are billing. Please have this available before calling.
Contact info for OCN
Hours: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Note: To reach an English speaker, push the Menu number shown a few seconds after the Japanese recording starts.*
Technical: 0120-047-860 Menu: 6 (from mobile phones and NTT landlines only)
Other: 0120-506-506 Menu: 8 (from mobile phones and NTT landlines only)
*If pushing the menu number has no effect, try pushing the star button first and then the menu number.
You can make arrangements online using the GOL Online Support page
If you are unable to do it online or have questions, see the GOL Contact Info page
Yahoo! BB/Softbank Internet Translation Center–Calling Instructions
Yahoo! BB will answer in English and then you'll hear a menu number stated in each of the four languages.
When the foreign language speaker comes on the line, they will listen to your request or problem and then connect you to the appropriate department and translate for you.
This is not a free phone call. The charge varies depending on where you call from and the type of phone you use (landline/mobile/050 IP phone). Generally, it's around ¥20 per 20 seconds.
Preparing to Call
Whenever you call Yahoo! BB, you should be ready to give them your phone number. They might also ask for your 14-digit YBB account number if, for example, you changed your number since getting connected with their service. (The account number starts with '20' and can be found in the "Starter Pack" letter you got from SoftBank on/about the same day your modem was delivered.)
If you don't have or cannot find that number, they may be able to find your account using the"S/N" number on the bottom of your modem.
Contact Telephone Number
TEL: 0570-666-595 Mon-Fri 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM
(Please read the "Line is busy Problem" section below before dialing.)
To choose your preferred language, press one of the following numbers as soon as the English recording starts:
Line is "Busy" Problem
Before you call, please read this section about how to get through to the translation center.
As noted above, calling the support center is not free and, apparently, in the past they received complaints for being charged for the time spent waiting on hold. Their solution to this problem was to eliminate holding in line for service.
If they are busy, you must dial and redial and redial until you get through. The good news is that if you know this and also know how to make it easy to redial, you can simplify the process and get in quicker. Here's how:
- Dial 0570-666-595
- Wait for voice, then press "1" (or other number).
- If you get a recording saying "I'm sorry ..." then hang up and immediately redial.
- If you get a recording asking you to wait for a "translator" then you are in. A live person should come on the line quickly.
You may have to redial many times. If possible, I suggest calling at exactly 10:00 AM when they open as the odds of getting a free operator at that time will be better.
Of course, you should use your telephone's "Redial" function on the "Recent/Missed Calls" screen so you don't have to re-enter the full number every time.
NTT Contact Numbers (Connection Carrier)
Following are telephone numbers you can use to cancel NTT Flet's Hikari and ADSL internet access services.
NTT Telephone and Flet's Support
The Foreign Language Customer Support number is open 9 AM - 5 PM, Monday-Friday from mobile phones and NTT landlines only.
- 0120-565-950 in Eastern Japan
- Akita - Aomori - Chiba - Fukushima - Gumma - Hokkaido - Ibaraki - Iwate - Kanagawa - Miyagi - Nagano - Niigata - Saitama - Tochigi - Tokyo - Yamagata
- 0120-064-337 in Western Japan
- Aichi - Ehime - Fukui - Fukuoka - Gifu - Hiroshima - Hyogo - Ishikawa - Kagawa - Kagoshima - Kochi - Kumamoto - Kyoto - Mie - Miyazaki - Nagasaki - Nara - Oita - Okayama - Okinawa - Osaka - Saga - Shiga - Shimane - Shizuoka - Tokushima - Tottori - Toyama - Wakayama - Yamaguchi - Yamanashi
(Note: these lines are often busy. If you have trouble getting through, you might want to try calling at exactly 9:00 AM before the line has a chance to get too long.)
In Japanese, call NTT at 116. The Japanese line is open 7 days a week. The hours in some parts of Eastern Japan are 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM and in the rest of Japan, it's 9:00 to 5:00 PM.
Hope this helps.
For fine print, important notices, disclaimers, etc. please click here.
Web site ©1999-2015 Zazm, Inc.